WE MOVED! PLEASE FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK! TarkanUnited.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm by Olya

» Players Share: Quest TERA fatigue and spell system, game
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm by nailaiga

» If Tarkan was a...WOMAN!
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm by willowrose

» Tarkan International Members
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm by AtiemoStrapas

» Newbie from Atlanta..
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm by Alice nicole

» Tour 2010
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am by gulbeseker

» 2010 CONCERTS?
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am by gulbeseker

» TARKAN.COM
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am by Olya

» ~New Tarkan Style~
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 pm by Vera Mont

Share | 

Piracy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Piracy   Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:21 am

Hey Everyone!!
I just thought I would bring up the topic of piracy (illegal copying of music and other software) because I know it was an issue of Tarkan years ago and I am sure today.

From what I know Tarkan does not like to release "titles" of his new songs in fear of piracy. What happens is people right away try and go download the music for free, which is a loss of profit for Tarkan.

Because downloading music is so convenient and free, it is hard to realize that it is a form of stealing. Instead of fans buying the album that Tarkan worked hard to do, it is downloaded within minutes, and Tarkan loses money and gains no profit.

I think this is somewhat the reason Tarkan didnt make it yet in America. For artist who are known by a song rather than their music on a whole, their music is downloaded because people are not interested in the album since they know not much of the artist.

Anyways I dont want to go on and on, but let me know what you guys think of this? Should it be illegal??

NicoleEzra
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tarkan-united.us
francygorkem
Kuzu Kuzu Explorer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Piracy   Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 am

I want to speak about my situacion.. in Italian a cd is about 25 each and i think is a fucking expansive thing!! When i want a cd of my fav. artists i buy it on amazon because in a italian shop the price is so high..
If i wanna have only a question Emule ( illegal site) help a me a bit. Sadly but true.. until the shops will not sell cds with a lower price i will not buy original cds ( except the ones of my fav. artist )
I buy tarkan's cd on Amazon.. is cheaper..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paranoyaaak
Language Officer

Number of posts : 406
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Piracy   Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:51 am

I am personally REALLY AGAINST it also,and 99% of my music is original.
But I think that buying cd in a foreign country is a much bigger problem...So in a hand I can understand people...
Example: There is a band from Turkey that some people from Croatia like.How they can buy it?! Cd is not available in shops there,and price is too big for internet orderings...Between 30-50 euros...And local sallaries are around 200... Sad but true!

Basicly: Tarkan can't expect that,for example,Croatian people is not downloading piracy,if he didn't gave them even one original cd for their shops...
Sorry,but that's my opinion...

And to be clear,I don't blame nor Tarkan nor fans!
And when I say Tarkan,I don't think about him only! I mean about his crew who's job is to promote his cd's abroad...

I feel sorry for every artist who has this problem! And I understand everything! Really! But I think that music industry needs muuuch more to work on that!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
francygorkem
Kuzu Kuzu Explorer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Piracy   Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:41 pm

if i had to buy a tarkan cd iwill not find it on italy shosp..so .. amazon..or istanbul Very Happy ( i prefer the second ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olya
Club Admin

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Piracy   Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 am

you know, earlier I was like a "fan" of downloading..may be I didn't really realise how it harms the artist...but anyway...then when I started THINKING lol I registered at this one downloading site, which is legal and you pay for downloads..theeeeeeeeeen...when I got my own credit card I started buying CDs online Smile though, all russian CDs I buy on eBay, it has the biggest selection of all of them...

once I was watching one russian TV show and it was just about those piracy issues...it said that many artists gotta run some extra business just becuz of that, because after they release their album, pirates harm them a lot and singers don't receive expected income, other words they don't receive anything for their hard work...and only make money out of their tours and other concerts...horrible Sad

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piracy   

Back to top Go down

Piracy
Page 1 of 1