WE MOVED! PLEASE FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK! TarkanUnited.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm by Olya

» Players Share: Quest TERA fatigue and spell system, game
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm by nailaiga

» If Tarkan was a...WOMAN!
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm by willowrose

» Tarkan International Members
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm by AtiemoStrapas

» Newbie from Atlanta..
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm by Alice nicole

» Tour 2010
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am by gulbeseker

» 2010 CONCERTS?
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am by gulbeseker

» TARKAN.COM
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am by Olya

» ~New Tarkan Style~
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 pm by Vera Mont

Share | 

Any Students?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Any Students?   Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:27 pm

Hi everyone! We have a large group in here, so I was wondering who in here is a college student? If so what are you going to school for and what is your dream career?

Luv,
NicoleEzra
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tarkan-united.us
paranoyaaak
Language Officer

Number of posts : 406

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:49 am

boogie
Well,for me...I finished Music Academy/Conservatory for master classical singing...
I work in a theatre,singing opera parts as in Karmen,Aida and other plays...
And my biggest dream is to make plays consisted of classic music and modern art.Like Maria Callas is making punk graffities,hahahaha...
And beside classic music,I have a plan with my guys from the band to finally finish our third cd next year...
And I'm also finishing my last year on Filology now,studying Arabic,Turkish and Ottoman (believe it or no,these 3 languages are in one package Shocked )...
It was my childhood passion,so...That's why I am in a deep sh*t with books! Very Happy
And after this year,no more school for me! Hehehe... Enough!!! dumbo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
francygorkem
Kuzu Kuzu Explorer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:44 pm

hey.. i'm not a proprer students but i'm studying to begin a touristic guide for a exam...
my dream would be work there in istanbul but damn.. is so complicated i think..ahah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:53 am

Wow Emine!! What exactly is Filology, I have never heard of it? I am also a student of languages, i like it its fun.

ALso what is the difference between Ottoman and Turkish? Are you learning the Arabic alphabet as well?? Its so difficult!! You are official stamped as a Language officer indeed.

And for you Francy what type of exam do youhave to take to become a tourist? Istanbul, huh? You chose a great place.....hhhmmmmm are you hoping to run into Tarkan???

You GO girls!!!
Back to top Go down
paranoyaaak
Language Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:27 am

Oh,sorry,I typed it wrong! It's : Philology cyclops

And...Difference beteween Ottoman and Turkish is writing at first...In Ottoman we use Arabic letters,but reading it as regular Turkish.It's almost the same as curent Turkish,but it has more Arabic and Persian words,which Turks don't use now...
And now we are translating something like this on our classes : Ottoman Doc.
Shocked
All these 3 languages,Turkish,Ottoman and Arabic are pretty connected to eachother and similar,so it doesn't look like I'm studying 3 languages...
It's not so hard when you get into it...It's fun indeed! boogie

Which languages are you studying?! Is it hard for you?!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:06 pm

Cool, well I am studying Turkish, Kazakh, Russian, and SPanish. THey are all quite different, and also im trying to just learn a bit of Russian, but any language with different alphabets I get frustrated, especially Arabic!! I can speak some Arabic but I cant read it!! Dont you agree that when it comes to learning languages that you have to be patient???

I think it also has to be something you like to do, and have the mind for!!! SO are ;you planning on using the different languages in your music? I am learning because I want to work for some embassy and possibly travel and be a geographer.......

ALso was English your second language? Did you learn it in school?

NicoleEzra
Back to top Go down
Olya
Club Admin

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:52 pm

damn it! I'm a student here!!! you can tell ha? we ar elike once in 2 weeks online checking mails really fast and then gone 4ever Smile))

NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:23 pm

Lol, yeah I know, its hard to balance everything together.....but were working our butts of now so we can have fun later, right?!??! Laughing

NicoleEzra
Back to top Go down
paranoyaaak
Language Officer

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:16 am

NicoleEzra wrote:
Cool, well I am studying Turkish, Kazakh, Russian, and SPanish. THey are all quite different, and also im trying to just learn a bit of Russian, but any language with different alphabets I get frustrated, especially Arabic!! I can speak some Arabic but I cant read it!! Dont you agree that when it comes to learning languages that you have to be patient???

I think it also has to be something you like to do, and have the mind for!!! SO are ;you planning on using the different languages in your music? I am learning because I want to work for some embassy and possibly travel and be a geographer.......

ALso was English your second language? Did you learn it in school?

NicoleEzra

Wow! You really got different languages! That's amazing! I also know Serbain (=Croatian,Bosnian) and it has cyrillic so I can ''handle'' some Russian too! Very Happy I lived there before so my friends made me know it...And English,I was learning it in prime and highschool...But now I am trying to keep it up...
And being patient! You are absolutely right!
In my music I usually take English,cuz I can express myself better...Dunno why,but I try to mix up all I can get! Very Happy Even Latin expressions! I am a big fan of those!
Working in embassy is a great thought! Do you have any specific country you would like to work in maybe?!

This is cool! I found my soul mate here! Very Happy boogie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nia
Wild Bu Gece

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:03 am

i am studying turkish.. i speak english, spanish and french.. does anyone else run all the languages together? like speaking spanish but can't think of the word so you say the french or the turkish?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
francygorkem
Kuzu Kuzu Explorer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:23 am

i speak italian ( oviously) , english and some german Very Happy
I would like to learn turkish but the nearest class course is about 90km from my home Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nia
Wild Bu Gece

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:10 am

so get some online friends and learn together. i got a slew of turks i talk to frequently. they correct my grammar and pronunciation. check out italki.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 am

EMINE,

Yes the languages are all different, but it kinda helps because its not hard for me to mix them up and confuse them since they are so different. They have a Turkish embassy right in here in Austin, Texas, but I am also considering homeland security.

Its cool to meet someone who has the same passion!! Did you notice that we are both SCORPIOS!!! So we probably have alot in common, are you a perfectionist and like to be bossy? LOL I like positions with power, so i feel the more knowledge and experience I have (languages also) the more people I can manage!!

I agree with you NIA, one of the ways that helps me learn is chatting on MSN or Yahoo with some turkish people, you help them learn english at the same time they are helping you learn turkish.

Nicole Ezra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Students?   

Back to top Go down

Any Students?
Page 1 of 1