WE MOVED! PLEASE FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK! TarkanUnited.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm by Olya

» Players Share: Quest TERA fatigue and spell system, game
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm by nailaiga

» If Tarkan was a...WOMAN!
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm by willowrose

» Tarkan International Members
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm by AtiemoStrapas

» Newbie from Atlanta..
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm by Alice nicole

» Tour 2010
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am by gulbeseker

» 2010 CONCERTS?
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am by gulbeseker

» TARKAN.COM
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am by Olya

» ~New Tarkan Style~
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 pm by Vera Mont

Share | 

Question, what do you think?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stefessig71

Number of posts : 83
Humor : quite the comedian
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Question, what do you think?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:37 pm

Hello all, it has been a while since I have been on this site, please forgive me... Please tell me what you think about my comment below.

Tarkan is so hairy on his arms and chest and such, do you think he waxes his back?? I personally think so because most men like him can't help but have back hair.

Love,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:40 pm

Tarkan used to be way more hairy when he was younger, so I am pretty sure he doesnt't just wax his back, he probably waxes his entire body Smile

But there is a nude pic of Tarkan from 1993, with a dog draped over his butt, and there you can see he barely has any back hair or maybe he already waxed it off.

http://picasaweb.google.com/francecolyns2007/Tarkan19931996#5221019309929936146

In 1993 he had a huge amount of chest hair which came in thick black patches, and his armpit hair was voluminous too.

http://picasaweb.google.com/francecolyns2007/Tarkan19931996#5221019481140403074

http://picasaweb.google.com/francecolyns2007/Tarkan19931996#5221019834473611666

It was unusual for a Turkish male to have such armpit hair, because many of them especially from the country side, would shave it off AND their pubic hair as well. I always disliked those Turks who did not have any armpit hair or pubic hair. That and the circumcision...
Anyway...
Then since 1995, but more so after 1997 with the release of Ölürum Sana, his bodily hair all became more "decent"...he had started to trim it. He did not shave it off or wax it, but he kept it shorter. The chest hair, the armpit, even the road to paradise became less thick and black than usual.

http://picasaweb.google.com/francecolyns2007/Tarkan19931996#5221018656382963650

http://picasaweb.google.com/francecolyns2007/Tarkan19931996#5221019136245839858

With his hair on his head growing long and being cut short, and trimming the beard or shaving, meanwhile his bodily hair seemed rather stable. Never gone entirely, but neatly trimmed. And he made it clear that his pubic hair was happily growing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/YaNDim.XaX/TARKANByYaNDimXaxCollection02#5125280622461996706

In 2006 for the release of Come Closer, new pictures for Bounce showed Tarkan with a nearly compltely shaved or waxed chest and hairless arms.

http://picasaweb.google.com/TarkanColombia/20052006#5265643890034019618

http://picasaweb.google.com/TarkanColombia/20052006#5265643484485807714

Fortunatly (for me anyway) he was not stable with his new bodily hair strategy. However at the Harbiye concert in Istanbul 2008, you can see on pictures from Tarkaninternational.com, that his arms only have very soft hairs, as if they had been waxed a few weeks ago. That was definately not his usual arm hair....

http://www.tarkaninternational.com/photos/photos/Istanbul_2008_29.jpg

But, last picture, to answer your question...Stephanie...yes I think he does...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Tarkanclubfan/Tarkan20012004#5098545504379603458

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Inge,

Thanks for confirming my obvious suspicions. lolol I learn alot from you about Turkish men. I know several men in my past who shave their pubic area but main to make themselves seem larger, from I am told. lololol

I asked this question to make a point to those who see him through, "rose colored glasses". Not to mention I think it was a funny question and have been meaning to ask others opinions. How he is just like any other guy and they could fall in love with the guy next door and have the same intense feelings but a more realistic love instead of the one most all of us women go through once in a while.

Love,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

Number of posts : 227
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:03 am

I have long thought that it was cute how differently he looks in each incarnation. He has phases like the rest of us, only his live on at fan sites forever!! Thankfully no on remembers my poor fashion choices while a teenager. I can find his on the web....

I think he waxes, I think that he has gotten his teeth fixed, etc. If you are going to play the celebrity game, you have to go all the way. That means using your image to help sell your creations. Much in the same way female celebrities have to be unrealistically skinny and always look "perfect"; we like our men to be perfect as well. It is an unrealistic expectation but one that ever culture seems to place on our stars. Thank god I am not famous!!

Hugs
Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:50 am

Yes I agree it is very hard keeping up the persona of the celebrity. Also as you said the reincarnation with every new age of music and song that is developed and new persona born. Otherwise being famous can end quickly. Just like the red carpet fashions everyone wears here. All it takes is one persons opinion of what looks good. It can get exhausting.

I often thought about how Tarkan keep his eyebrows so perfectly shaped for a man. lololol
I can picture him getting them waxed in a salon. Too funny.

Personally I wish could get myself waxed regularly to keep from having to shave my legs and such. But who like us has the cash to keep it up...

Love,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:57 am

Yup, us normal folks dont really have those options. I would love to get a personal trainer again. I could only afford it for two months. If I was rich and famous, I would so have perfect eyebrows, thin thighs, a flat stomach and perfectly capped teeth...grin.

I do think that the culture of celebrity can be tiring. All the goofy news on who has gained weight, who has lost weight, etc. Some of the diets the magazines encourage seem seriously unhealthy. Blech!

T is cute the way he works so hard to create an image for each album. So you have the looks. It would be interesting to see what he looks like when he is not "being Tarkan", you know?

Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:32 pm

Dawn,

I think he is pretty much laid back like most of us. I notice when he is caught in photos in the airport or out some place unplanned he is totally in comfort clothes. I think he likes second hand clothing stuff because I notice that about him. And I have seen this one shirt he likes alot because in many photos over time is has gotten soft,worn and faded which to me is just broken in.. He definitely like caps too. And when I have seen him with no hair product, I absolutely love it. I love a man with a great head of hair. I just want to run my fingers through it, especially if it is clean. lololol I think that is because my father and brother both have healthy thick hair. I myself carry that trait too.

As for the trainer I know the feeling.. Finances are tough on my end of the country. Looking for a second job is crazy. I definitely would love to have a personal trainer and a personal cook so I won't eat bad stuff. I have to stay really disciplined and it is so hard when you have a great palet and can taste things fully. I love to eat..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:09 pm

Hi, talking about the hair...I am pretty sure he had a hair transplant at some point.
This video you can see it...in the front...

But you're absolutely right Stephanie, Tarkan when he is not working, wears leasure clothes which are comfortable and not very special. He has a green sports jacket he loves to wear ever since 2003, he wore it also in 2005 and 2007.
When we were with the TI team at the rehearsal at the Harbiye theatre in Istanbul, he was wearing a grey TShirt and Octavia noticed it even had a hole in it. In fact, that night he looked so totally insignificant, I managed to walk up the stairs to greet and old friend of mine, and not notice that tarkan was sitting the row behind him. It was probably also because he had lost over 5 kilos since I last saw him...
In Istanbul, we also visited a shop which ocassionally dresses Tarkan for photo shoots and performances. It was a second hand store but very exclusive, very vintage, seventies style.

He must experience his fancy pop star clothes and hairdo and make-up as a uniform and is happy to wear something exteremy boring when he is not on stage or performing or making a video. He doesnt wear jewellery off stage either but he likes to wear a big watch.
But one thing is quite funny about him...it is that he can never make up his mind what to wear. Apparently even in shitty clothes, this still is important for him, so he changed his clothes even at the rehearsal and wore two different T shirts. This changing clothes every three hours is a very stable character trait because he did exactly the same things 12 years ago. We talked in the hotel room, he was wearing a (new and clean) blue shirt, and as I waited for him downstairs, two hours later. And he was gonna take me home, he came down dressed in a brown shirt.

I kinda lost my interest in hair ever since I started dating my husband...he is bald and shaves the remains very short. It's lovely to kiss him on the head, he is soft like a baby Smile
I wouldnt mind if Tarkan would ever go bald like my husband. He would get away with it, with such eyes and eyebrows.

Dawn if you wanna see Tarkan not being Tarkan, check him out at www.tarkaninternational at the rehearsal...there he was totally unshaven, hair in a mess, boring shirt and looked completely stunning. Well I guess he will never really stop being Tarkan!

http://www.tarkaninternational.com/photos/photos/Istanbul_2008_5.jpg

http://www.tarkaninternational.com/photos/photos/Istanbul_2008_7.jpg

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:44 pm

Also you can notice how his arm hair is hardly there, like you said before Inge.

Hair transplant!! You really think so?? I can definitely tell he has a receeding hair line in the front but it is more apparent depending on his cut. I was in cosmetology school when I was younger and learned alot about hair. I guess I would have to be up close ane personal.

Which video was it you were talking about? I would like to take a look at it. Or was it just a personal video?

Oh an by the way, that grey shirt, did it have a collar on it and some sort of design on the front shoulders? It might be the one I am talking about that he wears alot. I saw him wearing it in that photo of the singer he performed with in June I believe right after his breakup. He also had these long shorts I have seen him wear quite a few times too. I think one reason he can't make up his mind about his clothes is he probably really doesn't have that experience with what works because he probably has had he people helping with that. But I am sure he definitely picks some unusual combinations. lololol Ahhhh men and their styles. Of course I know several guys who do have great style. I guess is it depends on their personality and maybe they are vain too. heeheehee

Love,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Inge,
I love to hear you talk so sweetly about you husband. Ah I am a hopeless romantic. I enjoy seeing people expressing their love for each other. Quite frankly I think I am in love with the feeling of being in love... All the ups and down and excitement, the knowing you have one special person just for you. A partner. Being single can be a real bitch at my age. But I rather be single then be with the wrong person for the rest of my life because I settle for someone I am not compatible with. I even think I could have a younger man because I still look young for my age. I have this problem all the time with people thinking I am younger than I am. I suppose that is a good thing.

Smooches,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:25 pm

[quote="Stefessig71"]
Hair transplant!! You really think so?? I can definitely tell he has a receeding hair line in the front but it is more apparent depending on his cut. I was in cosmetology school when I was younger and learned alot about hair. I guess I would have to be up close ane personal.
Which video was it you were talking about? I would like to take a look at it. Or was it just a personal video?

Stefanie,
you can see it in this video, at least I thought I could see it.
There is some footage of a report in Russia which I used as background for the BBC London interview. I put it on slow motion.
He runs his hand through his hair and it seems that the patch at the front is less natural, more in rows...thats what I thought I saw anyway...
It is at 2.14, at the moment when he says: "I sabotaged myself..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LGZivU6gp0&feature=related

Stephanie: Oh an by the way, that grey shirt, did it have a collar on it and some sort of design on the front shoulders? quote]

No the grey shirt that he wore at the Harbiye rehearsal is very plain.
It is the one you see on my picture Avatar, that picture of him and me was taken during the Harbiye rehearsal in Istanbul, in August 2008. As you can see, that shirt is different from the other shirt from the rehearsal, which was white and had a cartoon on it.

But it seems on this video he is wearing the same grey shirt:
at 0.41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQtPM-fwfS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqaDzOheSNM

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Inge,

The footage of him during the BBC radio clip shows the shirt I was talking about. He is wearing it where you said you saw something strange about his hairline. Unfortunately I just see where his hair is quite shorter and he runs his finger through it and it goes back to the style. But I can see what you are talking about..

I really love the video of him with the little girl she is so cute and he love the chubby cheeks. lololol

I did think that after my last reply the shirt he was wearing with you in the picture on here must be the one you were talking about.

Love,
Stef-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olya
Club Admin

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 pm

wow!!!!!that's a pretty long discussion, girls Smile)) finally, I got a new keyboard that doesn't skip any buttons, so Ican type 24/7 now!!! MUAHAHAHAHA! Very Happy
anyway, thank God for ceating waxing salons! LOL personally, I think Tarkan (as for my taste Smile) looks great without his "fur" lol Smile)) I guess it's even more sexier, but again, depends on what you thnk is "your sexy" and beautiful...

kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:48 am

Inge - I love those pictures from the rehearsal on the TI site. Those are exactly my favorite images of him. There is another one, I cannot remember which fan site, but he is at a signing and is wearing an orange worn out t-shirt and just looks natural and relaxed. I also like the pictures of him in the t-shirts that say "rub my belly for luck" and :wine me, dine me....". He is just wearing jeans, an old broken in shirt and looks comfy.

I admit that I am kind of a hippy. I dont wear make up, I dont style my hair, I just am who I am. I spent so many years trying to be someone else in order to find a man and be accepted. I got tired of it. And to be honest, it was making me crazy. I finally decided (much like Stephanie) that I would rather be single than date someone for the wrong reasons and decided that I needed to be who I am, not someone else's image of me. So I am me. If people dont like it, oh well. Could I probably be a little neater in my dress, yes. I love yoga pants and comfy shirts, hoodies and sneakers. But I think that if you meet me, you know me. You dont ever have to guess who I am or whether I am being real. As I get older, I respect that more and more. I hate playing games with people.

Oh!! I wanted to tell you girls. There is a guy at my gym who looks like a pudgy Tarkan! It is sooooooo funny!! He has the Arada Bir hair cut, wears the same kind of clothes. He is soo cute in a pudgy way. (And that can be cute). He works out every day and he is so serious about it. I was working out next to him on an elliptical machine and he was singing along to his music on his I-pod. He was wiggling and bopping, totally oblivious to everyone around him. It certainly makes going to the gym a little more fun. It gives me some eye candy to pay attention to!

Dawn Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olya
Club Admin

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:08 pm

hahahahaha!!!!! Dawn, "your Tarkan" sems like fun Very Happy
about funny people in gym- once I was rinning on a tredmil and you know, all those cardio machines are located like on some balcony in gym, so you can see the whole weighting room donwstairs....anyway, there was his one guy who was lifting pretty heavy weights and he was ...screaming! like he would lift some weight and then be like "Aggghhh!"...that was sooo funny as for me!!!!!!! i the end I just started laughing Very Happy I know that's stupid, but I just couldn't help myself lol

Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:11 pm

Dawn and Olya,

You guys are just too funny.. I love it.

Dawn you should get that guy some of Tarkan's music and see if he can sing like him too. lololol It would be the next best thing to meeting the real one without all the chaos. Just kidding, but I really can see him singing to his music and it makes me giggle.
Oh an by the way, I know those pictures of Tarkan with that orange shirt. Totally laid back and my kind of humor; A bit goofy...Smile

Olya,
Everytime I think about those guys pushing themselves with weights, I worry about them letting a internal noise ( you know what I mean), and then it would be so embaressing. I would not be able to concentrate on my workout either.. lolol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:58 pm

I have a groaner in my yoga class....it is totally distracting. He is the only man in the class. Everytime he does a pose, he lets out this long groan of pain. I will be totally into a pose and then suddenly...yarg! I have fallen over twice. I keep trying to think of a nice way to suggest he should take a less difficult yoga class.

The next time I see my gym Tarkan...grin, I am going to ask him if he has ever heard of Tarkan. I keep trying to figure out a good way to start a conversation with him. That does not sound goofy. I am terrible at that. He is really cute though. It does make working out more fun!

Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

kisaiya wrote:
Inge - I love those pictures from the rehearsal on the TI site. Those are exactly my favorite images of him. There is another one, I cannot remember which fan site, but he is at a signing and is wearing an orange worn out t-shirt and just looks natural and relaxed. I also like the pictures of him in the t-shirts that say "rub my belly for luck" and :wine me, dine me....". He is just wearing jeans, an old broken in shirt and looks comfy.

I admit that I am kind of a hippy. I dont wear make up, I dont style my hair, I just am who I am. I spent so many years trying to be someone else in order to find a man and be accepted. I got tired of it. And to be honest, it was making me crazy. I finally decided (much like Stephanie) that I would rather be single than date someone for the wrong reasons and decided that I needed to be who I am, not someone else's image of me. So I am me. If people dont like it, oh well. Could I probably be a little neater in my dress, yes. I love yoga pants and comfy shirts, hoodies and sneakers. But I think that if you meet me, you know me. You dont ever have to guess who I am or whether I am being real. As I get older, I respect that more and more. I hate playing games with people.

hehehe Dawn...
the pictures in orange shirt are taken from a siging day in Essen, Germany.
He was promoting Come Closer. After the signing, he had a chat session organised by a Turkish -German radio station. I forgot the name but there are also pictures of him from the chat and he is eating sandwiches.
In Essen, I was there, it was a total chaos and I was supprised nobody got hurt. Tarkan tried to promote his English album but somehow people decided he should go to Essen in the middle of the Ruhrgebiet which is crowded with Turks.
What happened was, it was organised in the middle of a mall and half of the shopping crowd was Turkish, and the news that Tarkan would come spread into the mall and attracted everyone who so happened to be shopping...Loads of headscarfed mothers with children in buggies. Not your regular crowd for a signing session. Few Germans were there. The mall filled up three hours in advance and there was absolutely no system. Obviously whoever would be able to push the hardest, would be able to see tarkan.
As soon as he arrived, the crowd went wild. There were about 500 people packed in a small area, not just in front of his "stage" but also on the back and even the staircase was packed with Turks. Some had brought a CD for him to sign (not Come Closer, but other CDs as well, as the Turks were not interested at all in his English language Cd.) They started to push and scream. Tarkan interpreted it as enthousiasm but the majority was in pain and agony. His bodyguads started to push people back, so the people in the middle got crushed. Mothers with children tried to leave the crowd in panic. I was in the middle, my hair was being pulled and people pushed and hit me aggressively. I had waited from three hours but there was no way I could get close. Whoever managed to get up the stage, either by pushing or by biting, was welcomed by Tarkan, he took time to talk with people, take pictures with them. The majority did not have a CD signed because they did not bring any CD and were there by coincidence anyway.
After one and a half hours, Tarkan left and the crowd of chaotic Turks dissolved again into the mall, leaving behind a mess on the floor of crushed roses, empty coca cola cans, crisps bags and paper handkerchiefs.

Later I informed Ozlen that I had been in the chaotic crowd, hoping to get SEVEN Cds signed for my friends. She was so kind to arrange for Tarkan to sign me the CDs for me and my friends anyway, and she sent me the signed CDs from Istanbul by mail.

cheers Inge

Oh!! I wanted to tell you girls. There is a guy at my gym who looks like a pudgy Tarkan! It is sooooooo funny!! He has the Arada Bir hair cut, wears the same kind of clothes. He is soo cute in a pudgy way. (And that can be cute). He works out every day and he is so serious about it. I was working out next to him on an elliptical machine and he was singing along to his music on his I-pod. He was wiggling and bopping, totally oblivious to everyone around him. It certainly makes going to the gym a little more fun. It gives me some eye candy to pay attention to!

Dawn Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:42 pm

Inge,
I am so glad you didn't get crushed to death. That was too crazy, and a unforseen circumstance of what could happen. I am glad that Ozlen managed to help you out with the CD's due the crowd at that mall. I probably would have been stomped on. I am only five feet two inches and I used to go to the clubs and get hit in the head and lost in the croud of people taller than me.

Love,
Stephanie-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question, what do you think?   

Back to top Go down

Question, what do you think?
Page 1 of 1