Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WE MOVED! PLEASE FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK! TarkanUnited.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm by Olya

» Players Share: Quest TERA fatigue and spell system, game
Childhood of Tarkan EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm by nailaiga

» If Tarkan was a...WOMAN!
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm by willowrose

» Tarkan International Members
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm by AtiemoStrapas

» Newbie from Atlanta..
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm by Alice nicole

» Tour 2010
Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am by gulbeseker

» 2010 CONCERTS?
Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am by gulbeseker

» TARKAN.COM
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am by Olya

» ~New Tarkan Style~
Childhood of Tarkan EmptySat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 pm by Vera Mont

Childhood of Tarkan

Go down 
+3
Olya
kisaiya
evkedisi
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
evkedisi
Crazy Simarik

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Childhood of Tarkan Empty
PostSubject: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:36 pm

Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball
Childhood of Tarkan Tarama0037-1Childhood of Tarkan Tarama0156Childhood of Tarkan Tarama0157
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Last edited by evkedisi on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

Number of posts : 227
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 10:24 am

I love that one. It sums up a lot about what kind of personality he has. It is cute. Smile

Dawn
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:49 am

Childhood of Tarkan Tarkan16
flower flower
Back to top Go down
Olya
Club Admin
Olya

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 2:11 pm

haha! seems like didn't really change his dancing pose since then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tarkan-united.us
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 6:37 am

Childhood of Tarkan Dsc01411Childhood of Tarkan Dsc01412Childhood of Tarkan Dsc01410Childhood of Tarkan Dsc01413
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:00 am

The picture with him and his brother Hakan in sailor suits, is taken from their circumcision celebration (sunnet). Tarkan was seven years old.
In Turkey, many boys have their circumscisions between 4 and 12 years old. It is seen not only as a muslim ritual but more as the first step towards
manhood, and is celebrated with a party,
and lots of gifts and money for the bioy who has had the operation.
The operation can take place in hospital or elsewhere and usually takes
about a week to heal (if there are no complications, like infections).
The custom is normal in some countries, and abnormal in other countries, and the effects are debated: some say it is healthy, others say it is a threat
to the health of children.
The positive and negative effects are both present, but to be clean and healthy, men dont need to be circumcised.
It can help prevent spreading of infections, but having circumcisions can also cause an infection and dangerous scarring.

In any case, even in Turkey some people are now questioning if it is a good idea to do this to young boys, but until today, the majority of (muslim) boys
in Turkey are being circumcised ritually, to celebrate their first step into
manhood.
The Turkish men I have met and asked about their ritual, all said it was painful, and they were scared, but they felt also proud, and they believe
that they are now more clean and more attractive.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:31 am

In the Jewish tradition, we held a "bris" for both my nephews. That is the circumcision ceremony. It is done while they are a few weeks old but it is a big occasion. The whole family and friends gather together, they have a ritualized ceremony and then do the circumcision. Though my sister (the mother) could not bear to watch. It threw me a little with the first nephew (as we are Methodist, my sister married into a Jewish family) but I understand it a lot better now. So I do understand the ritualization of circumcision.

Dawn Smile
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:49 am

W Hi Dawn, yes I know it is also common amongst Jews
(although there are also jewish people who are against the custom).
From what I hear it is even worse to do it to babies,
because the foreskin is not yet loosened and should protect
the ibnfant against bacteria from urination.

I do understand why people do it (because it is a tradition
and they think it is good) but I dont approve of it,
and if there were politicians trying to make this custom forbidden
world wide, I would certainly support them.

Many politicians and health care workers are fighting female circumcision,
but circumcision of male children is looked at with "respect".
I read so much about the topic, I dont think it is healthy to cut pieces off
children's genitals without their permission, hurting them,
and putting them at risk of infection on such a vital and sensitive organ
for no reason but folklore and religious sentiments. Cultures do change,
people can get informed and educated, and there are no human rights or
chidrens rights to support the protection of this custom.

The rule should be very simple, I think: don't F**K with childrens genitals.
No matter if it is a boy or a girl, no matter if it is a big or a small piece they cut off.

As for religion, a God who loves men only if their penises are cut,
in my eyes is a very perverse God whom I would never worship.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:53 am

by the way, I did spell the word F.U.C.K correctly, it is just that Olya, or other moderators, or the forum server are quite narrow minded about which words are allowed to be used.
So my spelling came out rotten.

In my daily speech with friends, I use such words, and I consider you my friends, so I dont like to be misquoted or censored in my expressions. Thank you.

By the way, it can be even worse. There are other Tarkan forums in which the use of the word GAY is forbidden. That sure says something about the prejudice of the forum members.
Back to top Go down
NicoleEzra
Club Admin
NicoleEzra

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:55 am

This is an interesting conversation, so I thought I would jump in with what I am familiar with as far as circumcision.

One culture I am fairly familiar with is "Kazak/Mongolian" and til now I didnt know circumcision existed elsewhere because here in America circumcision done any other time after birth is thought to be unnacceptable.

Back to what I was saying, people in Kazakhstan also throw a huge party or "Toydi" and during this party a young boy between the ages 4-6 is circumcised, while wearing the traditional Kazakh costume and receiveng many gifts.

When I first heard about this and how it is a celebration of the boys first act of manhood, I was like manhood?!?! he is four!!! but I know that this plays a big role in tradition and culture and if the many four year olds who were circumsised are okay, well then im okay. Also just as weird as it is to American culture to be circumsized at a later age, it is just as weird to other cultures that America doesnt celebrate the act.

Sorry to blab on about this, learning and talking about cultures is what I do!!

Nicole Ezra
Back to top Go down
NicoleEzra
Club Admin
NicoleEzra

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:01 am

Inge~

I just read your post after I had posted mine. This is a topic I am confused about, because if it is healthier to be done, than I wouldnt mine, but as far as I know there is no clear consensus to whether it is necessary or not. I mean is it just for preference or is really healthier. I agree with you I dont like the idea of a peice of skin that a baby was born with should be cut off, whether it be after birth or in the toddler years, I mean cant that be traumatizing? And when it comes to religion, well if He is the creator of human than why would he create something that is useless and He wants us to cut?? I dont know ---i try not to get into it.

Nicole
Back to top Go down
evkedisi
Crazy Simarik

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 am

Rolling Eyes
Heeey My Dear Sistahs,
I just put a few childhood photo scans of Tarkan.
NOW, You are talking about Tarkan's pecker!!!!!!!!!!

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Nicole, yes it is a confusing and politicised topic.
people in favor of circumcision usually want to do it for religious reasons, but they
want medical confirmation that it is a good habit.

As far as I understand, the health benefit is this:

A circumcised man will not accumulate bacteria under his foreskin because he has no foreskin anymore. This reduces the chances of him transferring viruses such as HIV and HPV (which causes uterus cancer in women).

However, a circumcised man lacks the natural lubrication which comes from underneath the foreskin. In sexual contact without condom, he may cause more small wounds inside a woman's vagina, and thus this increases the opportunity of virus transmitting. So he may have less bacteria and viruses on the penis, but he is more likely to transmit them.

The health threat of circumcision is this:

(depending on, age, hygenic conditions at the operation and afterwards - before 3 years old it's more risky, after 10 years old it is more painful)

psychological trauma
hemorrage and infection
too tight scar tissue which may cause erection problems,
lessened sensitivity of parts of the penis or
over-sensitivity of parts of the penis

In the worst case, the person who performs the operation makes a big mistake and
the child loses his penis during the operation or afterwards, due to infection. This happens to 500 boys a year.

I'd say its better to be safe than sorry. Just teach your male child to wash himself properly,
and tell him to use a condom to prevent the spreading of sexually transmitted diseases.
That is way safer than a circumcision.

However if the boy grows up in a community where people all believe a real man is circumcised, the lack of this operation may also cause him to feel embarrassed and
not-manly.

I'd say the best is to leave your child's body the way nature intended.
A foreskin provides protection from bacteria in early childhood, it provides sexual stimulation and lubrication for sexually mature men.
The fact that hardly any grown man decides to have his foreskin removed out of free will,
should tell something Smile
There are even adult men who have been circumcised as a child, who use stretching methods to re-create a foreskin.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 11:37 am

At least at the Bris they give the baby a thimbleful of wine and hold them while it happens. My nephews barely noticed it. Whereas my nephews who were circumcised in a hospital were definitely traumatized. They had nothing to dull the pain and no warning and no holding. It seemed a lot more cruel that way, though it was certainly more sterile. Who knows. I dont know what I would do if I had a baby boy. I guess it is something I will have to think about if I ever find anyone I want to have children with. Hmmm.....deep topic with lots of emotional pitfalls!
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 6:28 pm

Well from what I have read...the baby circumcisions...in the USA, they tended to be performed without any anestetics because it was commonly assumed babies would not feel pain (how weird is that? How can an infant survive without feeling pain?). They assumed this, because at circumcisions, baby boys usually dont cry. One researcher wanted to find out more and did some brain measurements. The research showed that babies dont cry because the pain is so intense, their bodies go into shock.

A spoon of wine can hardly be considered and anaestetic, I think, and its very bad for babies to drink alcohol. I say it is even worse to circumcise and give a baby alcohol.
Here you see a Jewish discussion with people in favor and against.

http://www.jewishcircumcision.org/mitzvah.htm

Even worse, in very orthodox Jewish communities, they believe its good if the rabbi drinks blood from the baby's cut penis to make it "clean". This one rabbi, infected some babies with the herpes virus while doing so, and one baby boy dies of his infection.

http://drinkthis.typepad.com/main/2005/02/rabbi_circumcis.html

The psychological damage of the trauma of a circumcision can be measured in the brain until at least 20 years later, and some negative effects to the sex life are known.

The reason why circumcision became common in the USA was not for religious reasons, but because doctors in the early 19th century believed it would prevent children from masturbating. The function of the foreskin in sexual arousal was common, and people thought masturbation was bad, so they recommended circumcision for boys and girls. The reason why few American parents would circumcise their girls, even though doctors recommended the removal of the clitoris, was because few parents believed their daughter would ever masturbate!!

Interestinlgy. one person who was behind the introduction of circumcision as common practice in the USA, was Kelloggs ( of the cornflakes and cereal). He was very religious and wanted to protect the youth from moral decline with circumcisions and healthy food.

It were Christians and Jews who introduced the practice, but now there are many Christians, Jews, and even Muslims, who oppose it and try to ban circumcision.
Here is a whole lot of them: http://www.peace.ca/circumcisionisviolence.htm

There also is a group called Doctors against circumcision.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 7:53 am

Wow, thanks Inge. I will look at those links. Smile
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:11 am

Ok here are some other childhood photos from Tarkan coll...

Childhood of Tarkan 16_yea10

Childhood of Tarkan Kid10

Childhood of Tarkan Kid_210

Childhood of Tarkan Kid_310
Back to top Go down
NicoleEzra
Club Admin
NicoleEzra

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 am

Awwww I never seen the last one.....how precious huggs
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 8:57 am

Yes, it is taken originally from the photo book called Tarkan 1994, which was written and edited by tarkans girlfriend Elif dagdeviren. They fell in love while she was writing an article about him in Cosmopolitan, for which she was the editor. The book was for sale in Turkey for awhile and offered a biography and many personal pictures. Most childhood pictures of tarkan are scans from that book. This last pic looks like a school picture. In 1995, I made a drawing of it and gave it to Tarkan, he really liked it.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
kisaiya
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 2:37 pm

I did not know that. Cool, thanks Inge. Smile

Here is one last one that I found on Tarkan Coll, probably from the same book.
Childhood of Tarkan Tarkan10

The caption on the Tarkan Coll section says that it is Tarkan and Hakan.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 12:48 pm

Thx for posting those pictures Kisaiya huggs

Childhood of Tarkan Reftre15

Childhood of Tarkan Reftre16

Childhood of Tarkan Reftre17
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:01 pm

Childhood of Tarkan Reftre15

yeah thanks for sharing. With this picture, I thought that Tarkan was the young man on the RIGHT (about 20 years old). But that is not Tarkan, it can't be, because, his sister Handan is sitting on his lap and their age difference is not so big. Also, one of Tarkans half sisters is in the picture too, and Tarkan definately is a lot younger than both his sisters.

So, the young boy in the shadow, on the LEFT, that is Tarkan (probably about 13 years old), and the guy that many people mistake for him in this pic, is actually his older half brother Adnan, who has the same long eyebrows as he.

I noticed this picture appear on some youtube fan videos, and they tend to zoom in on the guy on the right, but that is, in my opinion, not Tarkan but Adnan. However, I could be wrong, but looking at the age of the other brothers and sisters, it would make sense...
So, I say, Tarkan is the small guy on the LEFT.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
Nia
Wild Bu Gece
Nia

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 6:46 am

he looks a lot like his father yes?
Back to top Go down
Inge
Tarkan International
Inge

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:27 am

Hi Nia, who do you mean, Tarkan or Adnan? Because they have different fathers.
His older brother Adnan, his sisters Gülay and Nuray are from the first husband of Nese, and Hakan,Tarkan and their sister Handan are children of Ali Tevetoglu, her second husband. She married a third time, now with a man with last name Kahraman.
Back to top Go down
NicoleEzra
Club Admin
NicoleEzra

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 7:38 am

Does anyone have any pictures of his sister Handan? Since they have the same mother and father I thought it would be interesting to see a girl version of Tarkan, or do they look different. I dont know it seems I see alot of pictures of the brothers but not much of the sisters. scratch

Last edited by NicoleEzra on Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Childhood of Tarkan   Childhood of Tarkan Empty

Back to top Go down

Childhood of Tarkan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next