WE MOVED! PLEASE FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK! TarkanUnited.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» WE HAVE MOVED!
Sun May 20, 2012 10:50 pm by Olya

» Players Share: Quest TERA fatigue and spell system, game
Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:03 pm by nailaiga

» If Tarkan was a...WOMAN!
Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:46 pm by willowrose

» Tarkan International Members
Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:37 pm by AtiemoStrapas

» Newbie from Atlanta..
Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm by Alice nicole

» Tour 2010
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am by gulbeseker

» 2010 CONCERTS?
Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:30 am by gulbeseker

» TARKAN.COM
Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:46 am by Olya

» ~New Tarkan Style~
Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:21 pm by Vera Mont

Share | 

How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kisaiya

Number of posts : 227
Humor : sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:32 pm

So I have been brainstorming about the idea of doing a petition to ask Tarkan to come to North and South America (based on conversations with Luh on Facebook).

I have looked at some sites like petition.com and wonder if an electronic petition would be as effective as a letter writing campaign?

Also as Luh mentioned on FB, I think that before we can demand concerts here, we need to get his music released here.

In that vein, can you tell me where you normally purchase Tarkan's music? I-tunes? Amazon? Tulumba? Or does a music store in your area carry it?

Another question, do you have any radio stations in your area that play International music? Do you even still listen to local radio stations or do you listen to internet radio or satellite radio?

What ideas do you have about stirring things up to get Tarkan interested in traveling to North and South America?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:56 am

Hi Dawn,

So far all I know is, Tarkan does not initiate his concerts abroad, but his concerts outside of Turkey are usually organised by a concert organiser. That means, even if tarkans team are convinced that a concert in the USA will be profitable, they will not do anything, but wait for a concert organiser from that country to contact them and make a deal.

This means the best way to get Tarkan to perform abroad is to contact a local concert organiser (maybe a Turkish one) and persuade him or her to organise a Tarkan concert. The matter all depends on sponsorship and the belief of that person that there will be enough tickets sold to cover the expenses of Tarkans coming. These expenses are quite high because Tarkan asks a lot of money for a performance. In Turkey such rates are normal, but outside of Turkey it is usually considered way to much for an artist of his status. As far as I know Tarkan wants 150.000 euros for one performance. This doesn NOT include the costs for hotel and flights for him and all his entourage. (he likes to bring about 20 people).

My personal opinion is, as long as Tarkan travels like this, and asks so much money, no concert organiser will be interested in booking him.
And even if you find this person, the concert will be susceptible to cancellation when ticket sales disappoint. In general, 50 % of tarkans announced concerts abroad get cancelled or delayed.

From my personal experience I can say it may be very time consuming and disappointing to put energy into getting Tarkan to your country. If you want to meet him, it would be much easier to contact HITT and ask when he is in his LA studio. If you organise a fanclub meeting around this date, and make sure you get everything planned and have several phone numbers of the HITT crew, then you have a good chance of meeting him. For a performance, I dont think in the current situation, this will happen.

When Tarkan came to Holland in December, the concert organiser contacted me and asked me if I wanted to help him advertise the concert. I did so by getting in touch with Hollands most multicultural TV show. They wanted Tarkan to perform on their show, one week before his concert, and were willing to cover his expenses. From what I heard from people within Tarkans organisation, all parties were willing to let the performance happen. But at the last moment, one week beforehand, Tarkan decided he didnt feel like it, and so the whole performance was called off. Instead of Tarkan, Enrique Iglesias performed. And for sure this TV show will never want Tarkan again.

No matter how great we all think Tarkan is, he is a human being who sometimes makes weird decisions. We may all think to know what is in his best interest but in the end, it is his life and his career, and if he doesnt want to be performing somewhere, he will not.

As far as CDs are concerned, I try to buy them in Turkey when I am there. I just came back from Istanbul. In Holland, the Turkish shops do sell them, but usually two months after their release. The best place to order Tarkan CDs is either Starsontop or Tulumba.

And for radio, I never listen to it and have no idea about it. FUnX in Holland seems to be aiming at youth from different cultures, including the Turks (Holland has about 5% Turkish population). That radio show sponsored tarkans shows twice and he did an interview with them in 2007. but last year, the radio show was promised another interview and the concert organiser was unable to bring Tarkan to actually do it, even though it was in the contract.

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:41 am

Thank you Inge...that actually gives me a lot of ideas. I had not thought about the LA studio part.

That is exactly the kind of feed back I need! You are the best!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

Number of posts : 83
Humor : quite the comedian
Registration date : 2008-07-06

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:16 am

Hey Inge,

So do you think the best way to contact HITT is via the mailing information you gave me a while ago? The fan club meeting in L.A. is a great idea and maybe that way he'll realize how his fans from the North and South America care about his music too. It is definitely an idea that I would consider putting interest and effort in pursuing.

I think there are alot of artists here in the U.S. that are just like Tarkan when it comes to appearances and changing their minds often. Unfortunately it is only something that hurts the fans because of the expectation and taking out of their daily lives.

I see how a promoter would only want to schedule a concert if the money was appropriate; this is common most every where even in the small city I live in we have had several big names to appear and cancellations due to not enough ticket sales. Bummer!!

If you have further information for contacting the appropriate people via HITT; maybe a specific persons name then Dawn and I can contact them and see what happens from there. We appreciate you input and help with this isssue.

Love,
Stef-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

Number of posts : 330

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 am

Im glad to see that there are other Tarkan fans getting as frustrated as I am! I do understand that it is his career and his life, and that many decisions are made around financial offerings, but he released an english album and he also has many unknown about fans here in the States, so I guess its our responsibility to let it be known girls. If I can help in anyways let me know!

Thanks Inge for your advice, its always helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.tarkan-united.us
Inge
Tarkan International

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:15 am

Hi Dawn, Stef and Nicole,

The contact address for HITT which I told you earlier is good. I can also give phone numbers if you like. You will probably be talking with Ozlen about this.
But if you are organising an official fanclub meeting, Ozlen prefers to know how many people will come. I dont even know if they do this, meeting tarkan at the studio,
because its not a concert and Tarkan does not have have his entourage with him. But who knows.
Anyway the more information you can give to Ozlen, like how many people will be there, names, where they are all from, and a date or dates around which you wanna organise this,
the more convincing to her that you are serious. Ozlen and HITT prefer smaller groups,
with a maximum of 10 people (even though on occasions we have been 15 or 13, and one time due to circumstances, even 25, but we had to split the group into smaller ones for the meeting).
Also, since Olya, Nicole and others are admins of this group, maybe they need to get involved in the meeting as well. Meanwhile you could check on your Tarkan CDs where they are remixed in LA (South Pacific Studios if I recall?) and try to find out where that is etcetera, so you can arrange a program and meeting place, like a restaurant, for your group. Because obviously you'll spend most time with each other, as fans, and only little time with Tarkan (if at all).

love and good luck, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:12 pm

Thanks Inge,
We definitely want to get others here in the US involved including the administrators of course. We probably will take you up on getting those contact numbers when we get things together.
I still have the address so we can also send an official letter to Ozlen and HITT. Thank you for all your help. Hopefully we can manage a meeting with Tarkan in the future.

Love,
Stef-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks. Well.....bosses...what do you say?? I think that it would be cool to a) meet each other and b) see if we can meet Tarkan. Do people think that it is worth the effort? Stephanie and I are happy to do the leg work, but I want to make sure that everyone likes the idea and that we are not stepping on anyones toes. Smile

By the way, even if we cannot arrange a meeting with the man himself, I still think that it would be cool if the US fans got together. It would be nice to meet the folks that I talk to so much. We could do something fun and only marginally Tarkan related.

dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Olya
Club Admin

Number of posts : 883
Humor : very unique
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:00 am

wow!!!! That's interesting to know that you guys do care about this Smile Because I thought no fans really want to do anything lol
I would love to be involved too!!! and hopefully we can get at leas 7-10 people in. I hope there won't be a problem for him, I mean 1 minutes, is it too much? While we spend years waiting for him?! I'm up for it, just let me know your ideas if something Smile

Love, Olya

NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:47 am

HI BUDDIES!!

DAWN, OLYA, STEF....(OR ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED) MAYBE WE CAN SCHEDULE A CONFERENCE ON MSN OR SOMEOTHER MESSENGER SO WE CAN DISCUSS THIS MORE IN DETAIL. I THINK ITS TIME TO TAKE A STEP FURTHER AND GET OUR BUTTS TOGETHER AND DO SOMETHING, WHETHER IT INVOLVES TARKAN OR NOT!!! AS ALWAYS THANKS INGE FOR YOUR LOYAL ADVICE! AND GIRLS JUST LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU WANNA DO!

LOVE NICOLE
Back to top Go down
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

I agree you, Nicole and Olya. It is time that we get together (come closer...tehehehe..) sorry. I am up for scheduling some sort of conference. Just tell me how...remember I am technology impaired but I am all about ideas...grin.

I am in NC, Stef is in FL. Nicole you are in TX and Olya you are in Seattle correct? I know that there is a girl on the Tarkan Club elist in TN who would help us out as well. I will see if she will join this forum. Smile

Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Inge
Tarkan International

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 am

At Tarkanclub, there are Heather and Nancy from the USA, as well as Alison....

love, Inge
Back to top Go down
View user profile
francygorkem
Kuzu Kuzu Explorer

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2008-07-14

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:57 pm

i'm waiting for tarkan to come to italy.. would be impossible..here only all that stupid italian music...a turkish singer would have been seen with those eyes here Rolling Eyes
but.. who knows... never say never Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Hey ladies,

I suppose we should meet in the middle somewhere for everyone. As far as meeting Tarkan we thought arranging a fan club meeting maybe when he is in LA next. But we can discuss that futher when we all get together face to face and talk about our ideas. I guess we should make contact with other fans in the US (sorry francy) and see whether or not they are cool with our ideas. So if someone should definitely contact the others.

I am game to help out in any way possible.

Love,
Stef-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grauben
Bouncing Yakinda Ninja

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-07-08

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi guys!

Since I re-discovered his lovely music I've been wondering why such a great artist with this quality - forget the looks and all that, this is really bright music- isnt known around here. I've been quite involved with music business as well as some of you (I don't work for that field, I just have some contacts). Well, yesterday I called a friend who is a sucesfull concert organizer... musical producer with a lot of experience working in north and southamerica (He's worked with Santana, Aerosmith, Roger waters...). I had sent him some samples of Tarkan music, just for fun. well he says it is virtually impossible from his perspective to bring him in this context. What should happen to make it profitable? Two things: One, he gets a major hit like kiss kiss, it can work both ways, from north to south america or viceversa. Two: he is promoted like a sophisticated folk performer and this way his shows would be planned for a small selected audience with very expensive tickets. (an example of this is Caetano Veloso -who works with him too-, major star in Brazil, sophisticated in other countries, even US, where his shows are considered succesfull even if they are planned for a "small" aundience in the carnegie hall).

He says his music is really interesting. He didn't hear about Tarkan since kiss kiss. I hope I can meet this guy when I travel this novemeber so we can talk in more detail. Gosh I so wish this would be easy! :S but promoting an artist is art itself...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stefessig71

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Hello G-

Tarkan has been doing alot in his career mostly in Turkey and Europe and when he did pursue his english album it was not released in the US. I think if he would to decide to do another album in both english and turkish kind of like say enrique iglesias he would definitely be more known by the other countries. He definitely had the talent. It is really up to him and I also heard it takes a lot of money to have him perform. Thanks for the information. Many of his fans here would love it for him to try again. We think it can be done if he trys; but does he feel it is worth it since things didn't go the way it should have before. It is alot of work to get this accomplished. It is true promotion is everything in the industry.

Stef-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 pm

I think that you are right about promoting being an art itself. Smile Thanks for the advice. I totally understand what your friend says about needing a monster hit or having the shows at smaller venues. I guess you always have to look at where the money is. So promotion is key!

Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Grauben
Bouncing Yakinda Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:38 pm

yeah girls, that's right.... and more talks with this guy. He surely thought about it LOL. the third thing that could happen is a top pop star in the US features him in a video. Saying, he makes a vid with a well known american artist and the good looks would work fine there, he drags attention and it's done.

I don't know a lot about his history but I've listened to his english album. I feel he loses a little bit of identity in the english vids. It would be awesome if he balanced the 'western' thing and the turkish thing .. . I love 'bounce' cuz you can feel the turkish bits there in the music, I didn't like the video though... vay anam vay... hum... nah, what was that about the dancing?! US and south american audience would go mad with the sexy hips thing he MUST keep that (please)

I definetely think he has the potential and this musical producer thinks so too and he knows about his stuff, so yeah, it's all about promoting...and Tarkan's plans for the future of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NicoleEzra
Club Admin

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:29 pm

Wow interesting topic, and I totally agree with all that is said. Sometimes I think though, how do you expect an english album to do well in America if no one knows you. I just feel he is just putting of America because he feels hes not known well enough, and if i was him I wouldnt be charging an outrageous price if entering in a new scene (America). Dont get me wrong he is well worth what he is asking for, but he has got to get his butt out here and get in the mix and get known and than those prices would be paid without question!

Now I have no clue about the music industry and I know words are easier spoken then done, and these are just my ideas. Who is his promoter anyway? Wasnt one of his dreams to become famous in America? I think you mentioned a good point Grauben about him like starring in a popular artist song or video just to get his name out there. Lady GaGa started out in someones song and now she is a superstar. Why? Because she brings something new to the music industry just as Tarkan would! I feel he is what we need now in this boring repetitve music scene, I mean for us he is not that new, but for others he would be interesting because of his uniqueness!

Okay im going to stop jabbering on about this! Ha Ha! Steff like you said we all need to get together and brainstorm something!
Back to top Go down
Grauben
Bouncing Yakinda Ninja

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:14 pm

LOL I'm liking this topic and you're all right. I had forgotten a bit about him. I wasnt into music yet when kiss kiss was shaking the world and I met the guy like 5 yrs ago but I wasnt following his music. I just listened to 1 song and got instantly inlove with his music and totally mad about him. He's quite a package. I've shown his music to 3 friends so far and they are all mad about him now. You're totally right, he's like fresh air.

I knew he's doing some work with Dj Tiesto, am I right? hum... interesting..

I wish he could see it is possible to get in the worldwide market. I wish his producer was more proactive... and I wish he manages to keep his identity intact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kisaiya

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:14 am

At one point, he had a North American manager, oh the guy who helped run Woodstock....shoot. I cannot believe I forgot his name! So this guy was supposed to help him get known in America but they never did anything.

I know that at times he has talked about dueting with a well known start here. I would love to see him sing with Beyonce or Shakira. Wouldnt that be sexy?

I liked the English album. It had a lot of decent pop songs that I think were appropriate for the time he was recording it. I agree though that he lost some of his identity on them. I think that the producers watered down his Turkishness and I think that does him a disservice. I loved Bounce for the same reasons that others did, I loved the combination of the American music and the Turkish music together. I think that if he followed that line and did not let a bunch of suits tell him what to do, he would be fine.

If Ricky Martin and Enrique can make it here, Tarkan can. Enrique does albums with some English songs and some Spanish songs. They still sell quite well. The music does not necessarily have to be in English.

I think that there are three groups who would appreciate Tarkan: 1) there are a lot of Turkish immigrants in the US. They love him already and would love to see him again. 2) Belly Dancers: a large number of American people who like Tarkan like him because they were exposed to his music in belly dance classes. They would love more music that they can dance to. 3) Those folks who are just eclectic. Peope who enjoy different cultures and different styles of music. People like college students or other musicians who have an open mind. I think that targeting those types of markets would allow him to sell his music without changing who he is.

Dawn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)   

Back to top Go down

How to Get Tarkan to Come to North and South America? (Petition)
Page 1 of 1